Overly damp air in your home is unhealthy and uncomfortable. One of the best ways to avoid dealing with the consequences of excess humidity is to become aware of the signs that you need a dehumidifier. If you aren’t sure whether or not you need a dehumidifier in your home, our Memphis whole-home dehumidifier installation experts can help. We will assess your air quality and select the dehumidification equipment perfect for your home.
You should install a whole-home dehumidifier if you notice:
- Condensation: If you notice fog, vapor, or beads of water on your windows, your home is probably suffering from excess humidity. Condensation on windows is usually the result of poorly installed and sealed construction materials.
- Mold: Humid environments are the perfect breeding ground for mold. In just 2 to 3 days, dark spots of mold can form in a moist area and quickly worsen leaving you with a potentially toxic problem to deal with.
- Musty odors: When mold and mildew are hidden away in areas you cannot see, you can usually still smell them. If no amount of cleaning is getting rid of that musty smell in your home, you might have mold hidden away.
- Water stains: Yellow water stains on your walls or ceilings are another sign of excess moisture in a home.
- Damp clothing: If your clothing smells damp or mold even when you know they are clean, chances are you have a humidity problem.
- Damp basement: If your basement is constantly damp, show signs of water damage, or is frequently flooded during storms, a dehumidifier can help.
- Allergies: Some of the most common allergy triggers (such as dirt, dust, and pollen) thrive in humid environments. That means that those living in homes with excess humidity tend to suffer from allergies.
Excessive humidity levels can negatively impact your home, your health, and your comfort. If your home suffers from excess humidity, turn to the qualified indoor air quality professionals at AirMasters Air Conditioning & Heating. Since 1996, we have delivered premium-quality home services to residents throughout the area. As a family owned and operated company, keeping your family safe and comfortable is our top priority. That is why we offer professional whole-house dehumidifier installations in Memphis.
Will A Dehumidifier Help With Mold & What Are the Other Benefits?
Yes, if your home is suffering from too much humidity a dehumidifier is the perfect solution. Excessive humidity can lead to mold growth; water-stained ceilings and walls; damaged wood, paint, and insulation; and respiratory problems for those that suffer from asthma, allergies, or other pulmonary ailments.
Benefits of a dehumidifier include:
- Alleviation of allergies
- Quiet system operation
- Prevention of mold and mildew growth
- Reduction of dust throughout the home
- More efficient operation of your air conditioning system
- Elimination of musty odors
- Improved indoor air quality
- Protection of your home
- Low maintenance
If your family and home are suffering from excess humidity, AirMasters Air Conditioning & Heating is here to help. As a leader in the home service industry, we have access to the latest and greatest dehumidification technology guaranteed to improve the health and comfort of your home. At AirMasters Air Conditioning & Heating, we are passionate about taking care of the members of our community. When you turn to us for a whole-home dehumidifier installation in Memphis, you can count on us to deliver the exceptional service you deserve.
Call (901) 295-4434 to request an initial estimate.
We always stand by our quality work and we won't be satisfied until you are!
Our AirMasters are committed to punctual service and promise to be on-time or your service is free.
We are available for 24/7 emergency services, at the same honest price, and without additional fees.