How to Take Care of Your Furnace
Your furnace is responsible for keeping your loved ones comfortable through the colder months. In order to protect this major investment, there are a few things you need to do.
To take good care of your furnace, you should:
- Keep a close eye on your filters and change them when they are dirty (every 1-3 months)
- Regularly inspect your outside unit and clear away any debris blocking it
- Make sure all the vents in your home are open and free of anything blocking the path of airflow
- Ensure flammable objects are kept away from your furnace
- Schedule professional heating maintenance once a year, in the early fall
When you join our maintenance plan, you can expect an annual tune-up, front-of-the-line service, 20% off repair services, and more.
How Long Does A Furnace Last?
How long a furnace lasts depends on a number of factors. On average, a furnace typically lasts 15-20 years, but there are a couple of things to consider when calculating a furnace's lifespan.
Some factors to consider when it comes to the longevity of a furnace include:
- The make of the equipment
- The model of the equipment
- The quality of the furnace's installation
- The frequency of furnace maintenance.
The factor that plays the biggest role in the lifespan of a furnace is maintenance. In fact, a well-maintained furnace can last anywhere between 15 and 30 years! An unmaintained system, on the other hand, typically won’t last more than 15 years. If you are not sure how old your furnace is, you can look at the manufacturer's serial number inside your furnace's cover. All you have to do is contact a heating professional that can give you that information, provided that you have the serial number handy.
Heating Problems We Can Help With
Whether you are looking to install a new heating system in your home, or you need help taking care of a furnace issue, our team of heating experts can handle it all.
We can take care of the following heating issues, and more:
- Insufficient heat
- Your heater won't turn on or stay lit
- Your furnace won't turn off
- There are certain areas in your home that are not warming up
- Your fan is not working
- Your furnace smells like its burning
- Short-cycling issues
- The controls for your heating system won't work
- Your heater keeps blowing out lukewarm or cold air
- You have mold or mildew in your furnace system
- There are strange sounds coming from your furnace
There for Your Family When You Need It Most
When your furnace is acting up in the dead of winter, you need to know that you have a team of reliable experts on your side who can get it back up and running in no time. As a family-owned and operated company, AirMasters Air Conditioning & Heating understands the importance of maintaining a safe and comfortable home. That is why we provide same-day and 24/7 emergency repairs at no extra charge. If your heater starts blowing cold air, won’t turn on, or is experiencing any other kind of emergency, our Memphis heating service technicians will arrive straight away to get to the bottom of it.
At AirMasters Air Conditioning & Heating, your problems are our problems and we don’t rest until they are taken care of. We take quality workmanship seriously, which is why we back each and every one of our services with a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
Related Blog Articles:
- Saving Energy With a Heating or Cooling System
- New Furnace Can Reduce Heating Costs
- Heating and Cooling Energy Tips
- Understanding Furnace and Boiler Efficiency Ratings